Friday 17 July 2009

1500 point Witch Hunters Army List


After a lot of thought and deliberation, I've finally settled on my final 1500 point Witch Hunters list which is what I am currently working towards completing. Here it is:

HQ
Canoness Sister Katherine the Pious, jump pack, blessed weapon, bolt pistol, cloak of St Aspira (116)

Inquisitor Lord Titus Flavian, psychic hood, divine pronouncment, bolter
3 gun servitors with heavy bolters
1 chirugeon
1 acolyte (202)

Elites
Eversor Assasin (95)

Troops
10 Battle Sisters, including Veteran Sister Superior with Book of St Lucius, one meltagun, one heavy flamer, mounted in a rhino with smoke launchers (204)
10 Battle Sisters, including Veteran Sister Superior with Book of St Lucius, one meltagun, one heavy flamer, mounted in a rhino with smoke launchers (204)
10 Battle Sisters, including Veteran Sister Superior with Book of St Lucius, one meltagun, one heavy flamer, mounted in a rhino with smoke launchers (204)

Fast Attack
8 Seraphim including Veteran Sister Superior with Book of St Lucius, 2 twin hand flamers (205)

Heavy Support
Exorcist
Exorcist

Total 1500, 13 kill points, 6 faith points

The canoness is there to take on big, tough enemies like HQs, monstrous creatures etc, with her S5 master crafted power weapon. She has a 2+ armour save which can be made invulnerable with an act of Faith. I was torn between the blessed weapon and an eviscerator. The eviscerator would put her a S6, but she would strike last. This may not be so bad, as she's likely to strike last anyway given her I3. I went with the blessed weapon as I liked it better for flavour, but I can always change in the future.

The Inquisitor is more there because I like Inquisitors rather than being a solid gaming choice. I went Lord level for him to give him he Ld bump to 10 making his psychic hood and divine pronouncment even more effective. The rest of the squad are a mobile fire base, and/or ways of avoiding wounds on the Inquisitor.

The Eversor is there to give people a nasty surprise when he outflanks. With a power weapon, bolt pistol (the only assasin to have 2 CCW), melta bombs, a 12" charge move and D6 additional attacks on the charge he can be nasty. Even if he dies he explodes with a S5 blast! I was tempted by the Callidus but the Eversor is 25 points cheaper.

The rest of the army is rounded out with solid Sisters choices, and is either jump infantry or fully mechanized. I'm not sure how I will deal with AV14 vehicles having only the 3 melta guns, so that will stand some play testing once I get the army finished.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! If you are worried about not having enough meltas instead of an exorcist have you thought about taking an Immolator with twin-linked Multi Meltas or twin heavy flamers and stuff a small Retriburtor squad of 6 in it with 4 Multi-Meltas? It might be a lot of fun to play!

eriochrome said...

I love that you have made a pure list without try to squeeze the cheese with the new guard codex.

Vox said...

Nice list, it looks a lot like my own. My inquisitor, being a puritan, has no psychic powers or hood. May have to try that though.

Also, you are incorrect that the Eversor is the only assassin with 2 CCW. Actually the Callidus also has 2 CCW, the FAQ indicates that her neural shredder is one-handed. I use one in my army, and 5 attacks on the charge is very nice.

Tigerstyle said...

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

@Daughters of the Emporer - Yes, that would be an option, but probably a better way would be to use Dominions with meltaguns in an Immolator with multi-meltas. That way the Immolator could move 12", they could jump out and shoot. As they count as moving when they do this, they wouldn't be able to fire heavy weapons (like multi-meltas). I think I'm just going to need to playtest a bit more, and to be honest my local group doesn't run that much heavy armour anyway.

@Brothers Grimm - Checking the FAQ, you are indeed correct in saying that the Neural Shredder is one handed. However, the Neural Shredder is not a pistol, it's an Assault 1 weapon and therefore couldn't count as an additional CCW.