Monday 16 March 2009

Completed Seraphim Squad

As you may have guessed from the lack of painted miniature updates, I'm a pretty slow painter, mainly because I work away quite a bit and I have two small kids which consume alot of my hobby time. Anyway, I have managed to actually finish some miniatures this week, a second Seraphim squad for my Witch Hunters army.
They've turned out OK, decent enough tabletop standard, though they have taken me an eternity to paint.

I've managed to arrive at a skin tone recipe I think I can settle on which is:

-Tallarn Flesh base
-Ogryn Flesh wash (twice if required)
-2:1 Dwarf Flesh/Bronzed Flesh highlight
-1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Bronzed Flesh highlight

This makes a skin tone I'm relatively happy with. I now need to put some more work into my eye painting technique.

My next project is going to be a change of pace, I'm going to make some objective markers for my Nurgle marines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great squad mate, I really like the contrast between armour and base, it makes them stand out nicely

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I too like the base, nice contrasting color.

I like the small line on the tabards, a subtle detail that adds a nice touch.

oni said...

I'm a slow painter myself, but it's a great feeling once things get finished. The squad looks good, keep it up.