Monday, 18 May 2009

Inquisitorial Acolyte and completed squad

I've not put a brush to a miniature for 10 days, so tonight I kicked in and finished off the second acolyte for my Inquisitor's retinue:

I decided to go for grey colour scheme on this one, to tie him in with the first acolyte in the squad.

I also did a bit of work on the face of the unit's sage which I finished a couple of weeks ago. After photographing him for the blog, his face looked quite flat. The face sculpt on the miniature is actually really nice so I tried a little to bring that out:
I added some more shadows into the creases around the mouth, added a wrinkle across the brow. I also added some stubble hair, as almost every other figure in the unit is bald so I thought this might break up the shiny heads ;)

Finally, here's the completed squad for the time being. I've decided to call him Inquisitor Lord Flavian after the fluff I wrote for the May Warpstone Flux challenge. Here they are:

Next projects:
-Finish Nurgle Chosen
-Base Nurgle Dreadnought
-Convert a priest into a chirugeon for this squad
-Paint Sisters of Battle squad

1 comment:

jabberjabber said...

Beautiful work mate! The scrolls are especially well done and draw the eye in.