Sunday, 7 June 2009

Completed Nurgle Dreadnought

I don't normally get a lot of painting done on a weekend, but this weekend I did manage to fit some work in. Unusually for me, I managed to speed paint through my AoBR to Nurgle Dreadnought conversion which I posted WIP pictures of a couple of weeks ago. I also managed to get 75% of the work done on my Chosen squad, though I won't get chance to finish that this week due to work constraints.

Anyway, here it is:

You will remember from the WIP post that he's magnetized so there is a plasma cannon version of him as well.

Here's the top, you can see more of his rot:

Power claw arm. I'm not 100% happy yet with the colour of the claws:

Here's his multi-melta arm with impurity seal:

And finally the back. The rusty metal effect has come out really well on the back, I'm pleased with the result:

The green armour and rot was pretty simply done (all over a black undercoat):

  • Catachan Green base
  • Thraka green wash
  • Drybrush combo of Catachan Green and Rotting Flesh (about 3-4 layers, with increasing amounts of Rotting Flesh)
  • Spots of ink to break up the green surface, used Devlan Mud, Gryphonne Sepia, Ogryn Flesh, a bit of Leviathan Purple

The rust was the first time I've attempted this on a large scale, as I've only used it on weapons before (like on my Nurgle Sorcerer for example). The recipe is:

Boltgun Metal base
Wash with Snakebite Leather/Blazing Orange/Chaos Black (1:1:0.25 mix or until it looks rusty)
Drybrush Boltgun Metal
Drybrush Mithril Silver on the top edges

I enjoyed painting and converting this one, I may look to do another of these in the future, but I need to try it out in a few games first and see how it does.

1 comment:

jabberjabber said...

Great stuff! I especially like the chain at the rear of the dread - nice work mate!