Friday 12 June 2009

Revised Chaos Space Marine list

After half a dozen or so outings for my old (and in need of revision) list, I've now (almost) got all the models to revise it. Here's the new list:

HQ: Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Wings, Warptime (175)
Elites: Dreadnought with multi-melta (100)
Elites: 7 Chosen, Icon of Nurgle, 3 flamers, 2 melta guns, rhino (246)

Troops: 7 Plague Marines inc Aspiring Champion with power fist, meltagun, flamer, rhino (251)
Troops: 7 Plague Marines inc Aspiring Champion with power fist, meltagun, plasma gun (226)
Troops: 7 Plague Marines inc Aspiring Champion with power fist, meltagun, plasma gun (226)

Heavy Support: Defiler (150)
Heavy Support: Vindicator (125)
Total: 1499

The main change is in the elites. I've dropped the terminator squad in favour of the Chosen and the dreadnought. I posted a while back on Chosen, and jabberjabber posted a good comment which I decided to steal his idea from :) Hence, the Chosen have a mixed weapon load and a Rhino. I intend to use these to outflank to create some nasty surprises for people. I've also got one of the PM squads in a Rhino as well.

With regard to the Chosen, they're a bit on the expensive side as a unit as I've taken the Icon of Nurgle to fit in with my army theme. In the next revision of the list, I may consider dropping this and reducing the unit size down to 5. This would free up 86 points which would be enough to Rhino mount the other two PM squads.

1 comment:

jabberjabber said...

Hi Chris - glad to have helped out :)
The list looks cool - lots of threats, combined with fluff (7 members of each unit). I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works out.