Wednesday 8 April 2009

Witch Hunters and forthcoming IG releases

I'm not a guard player myself, and I don't have the time (or frankly the cash) to start a new army, but some of the new models heading our way for the guard are looking really sweet as alternate WH models.

First up, there's a new Cadian command squad. The only thing I'm interested in here is the Cadian Medic. I've been struggling for a while to think of a second model to use as a Chirugeon in my Inquisitorial retinue, and I think a Cadian medic should fit in nicely.

Second up, the Primaris Psyker. If there was ever a model which says "I am the ideal basis for an Inquisitor conversion" then this one is it. I'd maybe change out the top of the staff for something else, but he's looking good.

Thirdly, the Regimental Advisors. The Astropath in that set would make a nice Sage for an Inquisitorial retinue.


Unrelated to the new releases, I'd really like to use some Fantasy Ogre's as the basis for Ogryns to count as Veteran Guardsman in a retinue.

No comments: