Friday 13 February 2009

Sisters of Battle Canoness



This is the HQ choice for my SoB army, and I'm pretty pleased with the way it has turned out, though the picture doesn't seem to reflect that *sigh*

I've put alot more effort into the face this time and it's paid off greatly so I will be using the same technique again with skin and faces in future. Namely:

-Tallarn Flesh base coat
-2 washes of Ogryn Flesh wash
-1:1 mix of Dwarf Flesh and Bleached Bone
-Highlight with Bleached Bone

At this point the flesh looked really chalky, so I did another light wash of Ogryn Flesh and it really bought the highlights down and reduced the chalkiness.

The flame was done "inside out" so I started from white and "highlight" up to the dark colour on the tips. This was done with a Skull White base, Sunburst Yellow next, then several layers of Sunburst Yellow/Blazing Orange mix, Blazing Orange only and then the tips with Red Gore to finish it off.

My next project is my Chaos Vindicator tank.


Edit: Here's a slightly better photo:

No comments: