Monday 30 June 2008

Work In Progress: Witch Hunter Inquisitor Acolyte


This is a work in progress picture of the Acolyte for my Witch Hunter Inquisitorial Retinue. I was going to use this model as the Inquisitor himself but I think I've changed my mind, and I'll pick up a different model for that.

The conversion is based of an Empire Priest with hand weapon and shield. I remove the arm holding the shield and replaced it with a spare arm and green stuffed the material back in. I've also swapped the hammer to was holding for a banner (which hasn't come out that well...). In addition the servo skull is from the Devastator frame, and I picked up the bit from bitzbox.co.uk. The priest model is bald so I've green stuffed some hair on to him, my first attempt at hair with GS. The green stuff on his face is going to be a targeter eye or metal plate or something, something more 40k-ish anyway.

I've found the Empire flagellant sprues to be really useful so far with my Witch Hunters, as they use alot of the same imagery (skulls, hour glasses, chains etc). I've converted a priest from one of the flagellants (an idea I shamelessly ripped from from Zen40K's Penal Legion), so I'll post a picture of that when I get chance.

No comments: