Sunday 10 June 2012

40K: Painted Bloodthirster

This got finished a while ago, but I've only just got round to posting it.

It's a Bloodthirster, the conversion source is pretty obvious.  The Balrog looks more like a Bloodthirster than the actual Bloodthirster which, like most of the Greater Daemon models, really needs an update.


I'm pleased with how the wings came out.  Last time I painted a pair of Balrog wings, I used stippling to get a natural effect.  This time I messed around using weathering powders, and then a wash of Burnt Umber oil paint near the "fingers":



My first experience of building with plasticard.  Needs a bit of practice I think.

If I ever get any further with my Chaos Daemon's army this guy will be in it.  Until then, he acts as a Summoned Greater Daemon in my (increasingly less played) CSM army.

No comments: